WRITE FOR US   |   ADVERTISE WITH US


Thursday, 31 August 2017

How I got 20k Followers on Instagram

How I go 20k Followers on Instagram

How do get more followers  on Instagram? Since I got to 20k Instagram followers, I get asked this question more and more. I want to answer that question once and for all. Besides, I strongly advise against buying Instagram followers. It won't bring you any engagement (likes/comments) in the long run, and that is not what you want from your followers.

I don’t think there is any secret recipe, nor that we can get to that point with no effort at all. However, I think some of my advice can help you increase your engagement on Instagram or any other social media! I also have to say that I think the niche you are in really does make a difference. Since I am in the travel/photographg niche, there is a nice community that revolves around these subjects!

HOW TO GAIN MORE FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM


• Have a short and intriguing bio

In mine, I talk about my studies, since it’s the main subject of my Instagram account. I also write my email address, where I live, and my blog, since these are questions, I get asked every day.

• Post new pictures regularly

I post 1 picture per day in average, but you could post up to 3 pictures per day. Do not be intrusive (don't post too much per day). Otherwise, your Followers will stop following you.

• Add your location to your pictures

We can also browse through locations on Instagram. Add a venue so more people can find your post! You don’t have to be too precise, just use the biggest town near where you live.

• Tell a story, be a little personal, and be yourself

On Instagram, you don’t need to post perfect pictures to get engagement from your followers. What is important is telling a story, so you inspire people through your photos. I personally Post quotes on my caption because it inspires My Followers and gives them reason to always engage on my post.

• Use “a lot” of hashtags!

Use at least 15 hashtags. Some “studies” have shown that 11 hashtags would be the optimal number, but I use lots of them. I don’t count, and everything is going great. The maximum allowed on Instagram is 30. It is not advisable to use hashtags with too many publications, for example, “instadaily,” since this brings almost no visibility since it is overused. Also, I often use different hashtags from time to time. It’s good to change things up sometimes so new people can get to your account.

RELATED How To Get More Likes On Your Instagram Posts

• Tag other accounts when applicable

I do not tag anyone if it does not apply. On the other hand, if a notebook that I bought on Amazon is in a photo that I publish, then I’ll tag Amazon in the post, for example. This brings you more visibility, since people who visit the Amazon account will be able to see your publications in Amazon tags.

• Engage with accounts similar to yours

Almost every day, I engage for more than an hour with other people. I like and comment other pictures I find through certain hashtags. I do this when I am on public transportation—it’s the perfect time!

• Reply to your comments

I reply to almost all the comments I get under my pictures! If I don’t reply, it’s probably because it is a comment from a robot – or I just don’t have anything to say!

• Reply to your private messages

I also reply to every single private message I receive! Sometimes it can take me a couple days or a week, but someday I’ll reply! I think it helps to create a friendship with your followers, which I enjoy

• Have a balanced number of following and followers

Have a balanced number of following and followers

It is very important to have more subscribers than subscriptions! This can be alright when you have small numbers for both (up to 600, maybe), but an account that follows 2000 people and has 5 subscribers, it’s a little weird! And many people will not want to follow such an account, myself included. Keep your numbers balanced.

• Have a theme

Have a theme

You can very well have a theme. What I mean by that is that in many places, it is said everywhere that to succeed on Instagram you are obliged to have a theme. That is not the case, and I am proof of that. What is important is to remain true to yourself. My pictures are never perfect and I never spend more than 5 minutes to take a picture. I guess that’s my theme!

• Don't  only post pictures made on Photoshop

This removes a lot of “personality” from your account. Even if the account is for your blog and you create these images to promote your new articles, I advise you not to make images from scratch. Instead, take photos yourself of objects according to the subject of your article and publish it. Personally, I don’t follow any accounts that post photoshopped pictures.

• Plan all your posts in advance

For the same reasons mentioned above. Too much planning removes the “spontaneity” that may please your followers.

Join Engagement pod

Just in case you don't know what engagement pod is, it's a group mainly on Telegram and Instagram where people organise like for like and so on.

For most people engagement pods are waste of time. I personally think Instagram engagement pods are great because they've helped me a lot. The more likes and comments you get the higher chance it is for post to appear on top posts of a certain Hashtag.

Thanks for reading. The above process is how I got 20k followers on instagram in less than 10 months. If you have any questions or need help in joining engagement pods drop a comment and I'll get back to you. 

Meanwhile don't forget to follow me on instagram  @Certifiedrockson

To get more of my social media article sent directly to you on your mailbox just input your email on the subscription box below. 
Share:

What do you have to say about "How I got 20k Followers on Instagram"
   
   
Subscribe To Entpaded
   
     
 
   
No spam, No garbage, No bullshit! --- You can unsubscribe anytime --- 100% Privacy Guaranty
   

3 comments:

  1. Pls can you explain the engagement pods and give me some examples that you recommend me joining.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls can you explain the engagement pods and give me some examples that you recommend me joining.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U should contact me with the whatsapp option so I give you some more explanation

      Delete

DON'T BE LEFT OUT.. SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL FOR FUNNY VIDEO & TUTORIALS

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

DON'T MISS ANYTHING HAPPENING ON THIS BLOG... LIKE OUR PAGE